NOT ALL PILATES IS THE SAME
PILATES emphasises the balanced development of the body through core strength, flexibility and body awareness in order to support efficient graceful movement. It works so well on so many levels for so many people. Once the exercise for the elite, this discipline has taken off in the last 10 years and has radically changed the way low impact and partial weight bearing exercise is perceived. How many times have I heard that exercise of this stature and the slowness of this discipline cannot possibly be doing very much? If it doesn’t hurt it can’t be working? The key to this discipline is to work the body smart.
Some conventional workouts tend to work the same muscle groups. Pilates centres on the body’s core or centre consisting of the deep abdominal muscles and surrounding muscles closest to the spine but this is a gentle extremely effective head to toe workout. Classes are ideal for people with back pain, poor posture, sports injuries, arthritis, stress related illness and pre and post pregnancy. Pilates helps with conditions such as stress, anxiety and poor mobility – truly there is a level for everyone.
THE CORE PRINCIPLES OF PILATES:
- CENTERING (engagement of core)
Seven principles many feel are the foundation of this discipline. Muscles are lengthened, the back is strengthened, physical strength, flexibility and posture are improved. The participant is encouraged to recognise mind body connection through proper breathing technique which in turn can reduce stress.
HAVE THE BODY YOU HAVE ALWAYS WANTED – WITH THE MIND TO KEEP IT
- Small class numbers with very individual attention.
- I have some 15 years teaching experience. My current clients are corporate companies, schools, residential training facilities and my own courses.
- I offer 1:1 tuition in your own home by arrangement in Surrey West Sussex and Hampshire or in any of my Clinics.
- Please contact me for details of courses or one to one tuition on 07768 814467 email firstname.lastname@example.org
1 to 1 Pilates beginners Intermediate advanced £45
Courses are available.
2 to 1 Pilates – why not do a class with a partner/friend in your own home
ZOOM PILATES TIMETABLE
Wednesday 0930 & 17.30
Morning classes £7.50 evening class £9.00
all classes 60 minutes.
Not sure, just call for a chat!!!